Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Brrrr! Current temperature in Kenner is 38°, with a windchill of 31° and a dew point of 13°. Now, I know, to some of my Northern friends, this is a balmy spring day, but you have to remember - this family has spent the last decade in Sunny Florida, where this was practically unheard of! I mean, seriously, we've had to go out and buy winter coats, for goodness sake!

I love it, though! I've loved having actual season - leaves fell off of trees, we've had an excuse to build a fire in our fireplace - it's been wonderful! The kids are enjoying their fun new hats and mittens they got for Christmas, too! The walk to the bus stop is invigorating, not oppressing! And daffodils!  I get to plant daffodil bulbs, because they'll grow here!!

So yeah, we're kinda loving it here. We still miss all of our friends, but we're making friends here, too. Yesterday, I went to the Newcomers Club luncheon and joined. Yes, everyone there was at least 30 years older than me. However, it's a sweet group of ladies, and I think that, maybe, by having a few new, younger members, the group could perk back up...

In other news, since I got my new camera, I have been snapping pictures like a fiend!! Last weekend, Hans and I played tourist downtown, and took a few pics there:






















The kids love going to the French Quarter, too. They ask to go all the time - the mules, the sights, the smells, the sounds - it's so much for kids to take in. I think we may go down on Monday; Hans has off work that day, but will probably go in for a while (it's so much easier to get things done when you have the office to yourself!!!), so it would be ideal for us to go down and meet him for lunch, then some wandering! I should be able to get some great pictures, too!

There's just so much to see and do here in New Orleans, and all of Louisiana. So much history, so many interesting things. I want to do it all, see it all and eat it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment