Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Orleans, Land of Dreams...

Ella Fitzgerald sang Basin Street Blues while Louis Armstrong blew the trumpet, and man, was it ever lovely. So is living here. There have been so many wonderful things to see and do in the short time we've been here, and experiences that have been wonderful for all of us!

We've had houseguests (Hi, Ben & Jeff!!), we've experienced the Christmas Eve bonfires, and the sense of community that comes with that, we've been to the Insectarium and played in City Park. Hans and I played tourist in The Quarter among loud and rowdy football fans, and saw a spectacular New Year's firworks show from our front yard!

It's been an exciting and fun-filled few months so far, and I'm sure the coming months will be just as much so! But now that the holidays are over, it's time to buckle down and get our house really in order. To accomplish this, I'm putting myself on an "Online Diet," and creating a chore chart of sorts for the kids. It's time for them to learn more responsibility, and time for me to stop being everyone's maid!

I saw a few things on Pinterest showing popcicle sticks and cans/jars as opposed to charts, so that's kind of what I'm leaning towards. I can make them look nice so that they can stay out, but it would be small, so I could stash them in the closet when we have company coming. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment