Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet Home... Louisiana!

It's Thursday. We've been searching for somewhere to live since Sunday. I know, that doesn't sound like such a long time to most people, and I guess it really isn't, but we've been on a tight schedule - Hans starts work on July 25, and the kids will be starting school on August 15 - so time was of the essence!


There was a small bit of compromise in the price factor - it's a little more than we were hoping to pay, but still comfortably within our budget. It's also big enough to hold all of our "must have" belongings, and give the girls each their own rooms. Top it all off with a "sitting porch" in front, and another in back, a decent sized fenced back yard with awesome grass, and I think we'll be happy as clams. Oh yeah - and all new stainless steel appliances! How silly that that is exciting to me? I get to have a Fisher & Paykel double drawer dishwasher! 


I called to let the kids know this afternoon, because I promised Heather I would - she was calling every day, even before Hans and I got to New Orleans, asking if we had a new house yet, and I had to tell her I would call her immediately to get her to relax! Of course, when I did call her, her first question was, "Does it have a pool?" to which the answer was "No. But there's a big back yard and we an set up your pool." Next came, "Can we get a baby kitty now? Nana and Papa have one I can have! It would be for all of us!" to which I responded, "We're not going to talk about baby kitties right now because we have to get everyone all settled before that can even be a thought.... Needless to say, though, I think Heather is getting excited! She loved the fact that we will be so close to GG (Hans' Grandmommy)! And a yard that they can just play in any time!


I, however, am excited about the fact that this Georgia Girl, transplanted to Louisiana by way of North Carolina & Florida, is finally getting her "sitting porches!" One in front, one in back! I'm already scheming how to finagle a rocker or two for the front so I an sit out there with my book and read!


I'm sure there's more to say, but goodness, ya'll, I just can't think straight! Now that we have a place, there's so much to do, so many lists to make. So instead, I'll show you a few pictures we took of the house today. Keep in mind, the place needs a good scrubbing, but that's happening as we speak! (Ignore the dates - I was borrowing Al's camera!)


















3 comments: